in ,

Mahesh Bhatt Police Statement; Met Sushant only twice, Rhea considered me her Guru

In regards to the Sushant Singh Rajput case, Mumbai Police recorded the statement of Mahesh Bhatt on Monday at Santacruz Police Station.

So far, statements of 38 people were recorded in connection with the case.

As per Zee News reports, Mahesh Bhatt revealed in his statement that he’d met Sushant only twice; August 2018 and then in January 2020. They never had any conversation of signing him for Bhatt’s film. Bhatt also stated he’d given chances to new talents and never promoted nepotism. 

“I don’t support nepotism. I have given so many newcomers their first chance. I have met Sushant Singh in person only twice — once in 2018 about my book and again in 2020 

In 2018, Sushant had wanted to meet the filmmaker and had even tweeted about Bhatt’s new book.  

Mahesh Bhatt also said that he met Sushant later, through actress Rhea Chakraborty, after casting her in ‘Jalebi’. Bhatt revealed that Rhea considered him to be her ‘guru’.

Bhatt also said that he had not thought of making a film with Sushant, but the late actor had expressed interest in working with him, irrespective of the role. Talking about Sadak 2, the filmmaker said that neither Sushant nor Rhea were ever approached for the film as the star cast was already decided.

As per Republic World report, Mahesh Bhatt also said that he had never asked Rhea to leave Sushant, terming the media reports as baseless.

Next up, Karan Johar’s statement will also be recorded this week as confirmed by the Mumbai Police.

What do you think?

295 points
Upvote Downvote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sushant Singh Rajput’s Brother-In-Law, IPS Officer O.P. Singh’s Memoir for SSR!

Andhadhun and Badlapur Action Director Parvez Khan passes away at 55